(also muscadel /-ˈdel/)
Definition of muscatel in English:
1A muscat grape, especially as grown for drying to make raisins.
- It is a blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, muscatel and Gewürztraminer.
- These oils are used in making perfume and in imparting a muscatel flavor to wines, vermouths, and liqueurs.
- Over the centuries, viniculture in what is now Peru and Chile developed brandy from muscatel grapes, now called pisco.
1.2A wine made from the muscatel grape.
- This is a remote arid area of thorn bushes, ostriches, and minimal rainfall, but the town, Montagu, is famous for the production of muscatel, a sweet dessert wine.
- How sweet the coffee tastes, more delicious than a thousand kisses, mellower than muscatel wine.
Definition of muscatel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan