- A hereditary condition marked by progressive weakening and wasting of the muscles.More example sentences
- Researchers hope the findings can be used to help fight against muscle diseases, like muscular dystrophy.
- For this reason, X-linked conditions like hemophilia or muscular dystrophy are expressed in sons and transmitted by physically normal carrier mothers.
- Understanding of inherited conditions such as cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and haemophilia will also be greatly improved.
More definitions of muscular dystrophyDefinition of muscular dystrophy in:
- The British & World English dictionary