Definition of museology in English:
The science or practice of organizing, arranging, and managing museums.
- He developed a scholarly training program and stimulated the growth of museum collections and the fields of anthropology, art history, and museology in Belgium.
- The Government Museum, Chennai, organised a seminar on recent trends in museology, as part of its 151st anniversary celebration.
- This enormous exhibition would please the Master of Suspense himself, who would undoubtedly approve of its dramatic presentation, which owes more to theatre design than traditional museology.
- Example sentences
- The museological essays address the institution's mission, exhibition philosophy, history, and issues of ethics and repatriation.
- Its ambition is at once museological, architectural and urban, since it involves enlarging and modernising the Louvre Museum and the Decorative Arts Museum, setting off the palace to advantage and opening up the whole towards the city.
- His most important museological legacy is the strong tradition of using the Harvard mineral collection for scientific research, even to the extent of sacrificing rare and valuable specimens to destructive analysis.
- Example sentences
- Of these, museum ethics is one of the fast developing branches that has caught the attention of researchers and museologists worldwide.
- The museum is the first in Egypt to have an educational section, and its technical facilities are used by museologists throughout the region.
- ‘To tell them and instil in them a sense of pride of their country's history, you need archaeologists, historians and museologists,’ says the 56-year-old expert, who has specialised, among others, in the Amaravati sculpture.
Definition of museology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.