- A building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited.More example sentences
- Yet public interest in visiting such museums and historical sites is not always so keen.
- Often the museums are set in buildings that have as much interest as the things they contain.
- The software will be of interest to schools and museums, as well as town planners.
early 17th century (denoting a university building, specifically one erected at Alexandria by Ptolemy Soter): via Latin from Greek mouseion 'seat of the Muses', based on mousa 'muse'.
More definitions of museumDefinition of museum in:
- The British & World English dictionary