- A small box that plays a tune, typically when the lid is opened. A traditional music box contains a cylinder, turned by clockwork, with projecting teeth that pluck a row of tuned metal strips as it revolves.More example sentences
- She turned and saw a little music box playing the soft lullaby.
- She was singing a little song that she had made up from the tune of the music box her mother had given her.
- It was not music like that which one might hear from a music box, but was more like an entire orchestra playing very a very fast tune unlike any they had heard before.
More definitions of music boxDefinition of music box in:
- The British & World English dictionary