- A combination of music and drama in modern form distinct from traditional opera, typically for a small group of performers.More example sentences
- She will be joined by sixteen other performers from across the country who will perform a diverse repertoire of music, speech and drama and music theatre at this prestigious event.
- As is the case with all music theater, charismatic performers immersed in the material are crucial ingredients, especially for audiences unfamiliar with the language and conventions of ta'ziyeh.
- His shift from composing incidental music for the theatre to writing groundbreaking music theatre was partly a response to his dissatisfaction with ‘straight’ theatre.
More definitions of music theaterDefinition of music theater in:
- The British & World English dictionary