- The person responsible for the musical aspects of a performance, production, or organization, typically the conductor or leader of a music group: in 1991 the New York Philharmonic hired a new musical directorMore example sentences
- At the concert, the musical director announced the choir would perform the French national anthem.
- Thanks to the passion and desire for excellence of its youngest musical director, the Royal Opera House is undergoing rejuvenation.
- For most of the company's life, the musical director was the late John Cage.
More definitions of musical directorDefinition of musical director in:
- The British & World English dictionary