Definition of musician in English:
A person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented: your father was a fine musician aspiring rock and pop musicians
More example sentences
- Is it time to worry that the respected and talented musician is losing his skills?
- In the old days, a talented brass musician would often be given a job at Rowntree's purely to play in the band.
- He is, without doubt, the most talented musician I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
- Example sentences
- Mostly humorous, always musicianly, and curiously modern in their sound, they first reached publication only in the 1950s.
- At his best (and okay, so it wasn't that often), he was capable of producing simple, direct, heartfelt, soulful tunes with great melodies and lovely, musicianly arrangements which were sometimes understated, sometimes funky.
- It is bursting with honest - if unfocused - energy and much of what the quintet plays is musicianly, well structured and at the groovier end of experimental jazz.
Words that rhyme with musicianacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.