Definition of musk duck in English:
An Australian stiff-tailed duck with dark gray plumage and a musky smell, the male having a large black lobe of skin hanging below the bill.
- Biziura lobata, family Anatidae
- We headed back to our camp at Eyre Creek for lunch - near the area where we had seen the musk ducks.
- There are also musk ducks on the lake which carry on in the funniest way.
- Species not to be hunted include blue-winged shovellers, hardhead duck, musk duck, freckled duck, pink-eared duck, blued-billed duck and plumed tree duck.
Definition of musk duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.