Definition of musk duck in English:
An Australian stiff-tailed duck with dark gray plumage and a musky smell, the male having a large black lobe of skin hanging below the bill.
- Biziura lobata, family Anatidae
- We headed back to our camp at Eyre Creek for lunch - near the area where we had seen the musk ducks.
- There are also musk ducks on the lake which carry on in the funniest way.
- Species not to be hunted include blue-winged shovellers, hardhead duck, musk duck, freckled duck, pink-eared duck, blued-billed duck and plumed tree duck.
Definition of musk duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan