- A North American swamp or bog consisting of a mixture of water and partly dead vegetation, frequently covered by a layer of sphagnum or other mosses.More example sentences
- At least 50,000 snakes overwinter in these dens every year, dispersing into the surrounding muskeg swampland during summer.
- Of that land base, less than half is productive forestland, the balance made up of swamps, lakes, muskeg and rocks.
- They typically nest in sedge meadows, muskeg bogs, or coastal wetlands.
early 19th century: from Cree.
More definitions of muskegDefinition of muskeg in:
- The British & World English dictionary