Definition of muskellunge in English:
A large pike that occurs only in the Great Lakes region. Also called maskinonge or lunge3.
- Esox masquinongy, family Esocidae
- Predatory fish in the ecozone include the lake sturgeon, brook trout, lake trout, northern pike, muskellunge, largemouth bass, sauger, and walleye.
- A tiger muskie is a hybrid between a muskellunge and a northern pike.
- Their close relative, the muskellunge, have scales covering only the upper half of their cheek and gill covers.
Definition of muskellunge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia