1Musket fire: a terrible explosion of musketry
More example sentences
- That accomplished, we had to pass through an enfilading fire of musketry until we gained the peach orchard (at the northern base of Cemetery Hill).
- I did so and on the morning of the 27th, Sunday, I was awakened about 1/2 past 3 with musketry and cannon shots close by.
- Aerial shots of the beleaguered fort, with Mexican troops climbing scaling ladders, lit by flashes of musketry, are striking.
1.2The art or technique of handling a musket.
- In 1841 he entered the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst, followed by a commission in the Grenadier Guards where he developed a special interest in musketry.
- Brent and I had seen to that when we refined her eye at musketry.
- The days of a few weeks' drilling and musketry, then off to war, are long gone.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of musketry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.