Definition of musketry in English:
1Musket fire: a terrible explosion of musketry
More example sentences
- That accomplished, we had to pass through an enfilading fire of musketry until we gained the peach orchard (at the northern base of Cemetery Hill).
- I did so and on the morning of the 27th, Sunday, I was awakened about 1/2 past 3 with musketry and cannon shots close by.
- Aerial shots of the beleaguered fort, with Mexican troops climbing scaling ladders, lit by flashes of musketry, are striking.
1.2The art or technique of handling a musket.
- In 1841 he entered the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst, followed by a commission in the Grenadier Guards where he developed a special interest in musketry.
- Brent and I had seen to that when we refined her eye at musketry.
- The days of a few weeks' drilling and musketry, then off to war, are long gone.
Definition of musketry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan