(also musk ox)
noun (plural muskoxen)
A large heavily built goat-antelope with a thick shaggy coat and large curved horns, native to the tundra of North America and Greenland.
- Ovibos moschatus, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.
- In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.
- We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.
Definition of muskox in:
- The British & World English dictionary