(also musk ox)
Definition of muskox in English:
noun (plural muskoxen)
A large heavily built goat-antelope with a thick shaggy coat and large curved horns, native to the tundra of North America and Greenland.
- Ovibos moschatus, family Bovidae
- There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.
- In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.
- We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.
Definition of muskox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan