Definition of muskrat in English:
1A large semiaquatic North American rodent with a musky smell, valued for its fur.
- Ondatra zibethicus, family Muridae
- Other animals that may carry and transmit the disease include beavers, muskrats, water and field voles, water and wood rats, squirrels, and lemmings.
- With his hunting experience, he introduced trapping lures for mink, muskrats, fox, beaver, bobcats, coyotes and wolves.
- Look for tracks of muskrats, minks, beavers, and river otters in the mud.
1.1The fur of the muskrat.
Words that rhyme with muskratEurocrat • ziggurat
Definition of muskrat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.