Definition of muso in English:
noun (plural musos)British informal
1A musician, especially one overly concerned with technique.
- As part of the concept guest musos and instrumentalists are always welcome.
- For four years she spent her days with the orchestra and her nights playing in clubs, doing recording sessions and working as a session muso.
- It also supports school bands and gives young musicians the chance to perform with more experienced musos.
1.1An avid music fan, especially one who has expensive stereo equipment.
- Four part harmonies, a production quality that worked your stereo into a sweat and enough influences on display to have your average muso digging through their collection meant that the CD was never far away from a play.
- Ask your average muso and they will say that these boys from Seattle were the Godfathers of Grunge, purveyors of bile-built emotionally charged music of such rare quality that they became instant legends and timeless wonders.
- Live jazz every Thursday night brings in a regular crowd of musos, while great coffee and snacks complete the picture.
Words that rhyme with musoouzo
Definition of muso in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan