Definition of mussel in English:
Any of a number of bivalve mollusks with a brown or purplish-black shell.
- ● A marine bivalve that uses byssus threads to anchor to a firm surface (family Mytilidae, order Mytiloidea), including the edible mussel (Mytilus edulis). ● A freshwater bivalve that typically lies on the bed of a river, some species forming small pearls (family Unionidae, order Unionoida).
- The shop also has a wide range of seafood including tiger prawns, mussels, sea bream and breaded crab claws.
- Add the vegetables, watercress and shelled mussels and clams to this, season to taste and serve.
- Extract the meat from most of the mussels and discard the shells.
Definition of mussel in:
- British & World English dictionary