- (In betting) a pari-mutuel.More example sentences
- When a horse runs a lifetime best four-furlong number accompanied by a final number below his best, an improvement in the final number is likely in the near future, often at a generous mutuel.
- He has more than 30 years of experience in the pari-mutuel industry and was director of mutuels at Hialeah Park from 1974 through 2001.
- The Henderson University graduate has served as mutuel manager and simulcasting operations manager at Hoosier Park, Indiana's first racetrack, and assistant manager of mutuels at Churchill Downs.
early 20th century: shortening of pari-mutuel.
More definitions of mutuelDefinition of mutuel in:
- The British & World English dictionary