- The velocity with which a bullet or shell leaves the muzzle of a gun.More example sentences
- So, instead, the muzzle velocity for a bullet coming out of a gun is typically given in feet per second.
- Adding a silencer to a rifle increases the muzzle velocity.
- The weapon had a muzzle velocity of fifty-five hundred meters per second, and even Karl had to be well-braced to fire it with any degree of accuracy.
More definitions of muzzle velocityDefinition of muzzle velocity in:
- The British & World English dictionary