Definition of muzzleloader in English:
A gun that is loaded through its muzzle.
- The American civil war was fought with a mixture of smooth-bores and rifled muzzle-loaders.
- Police seized two revolvers and three muzzle-loaders dating from the Anglo-Boer South African War.
- This muzzle-loader was fired by a percussion cap and shot a .58 caliber bullet.
- Example sentences
- It's curious to think about powerful, big bore air rifles employed during the height of the muzzleloading, black powder era.
- There's also a shotgun slug model, six muzzleloading rifle models, and six bolt-action handgun models that have at least some 110 features.
- At the end of the percussion era, telescopic sights were not unknown on muzzleloading sporting rifles.
Pronunciation: /-ˌlōdiNG/(also muzzle-loading) adjective
Definition of muzzleloader in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan