Definition of muzzleloader in English:
A gun that is loaded through its muzzle.
- The American civil war was fought with a mixture of smooth-bores and rifled muzzle-loaders.
- Police seized two revolvers and three muzzle-loaders dating from the Anglo-Boer South African War.
- This muzzle-loader was fired by a percussion cap and shot a .58 caliber bullet.
- Example sentences
- It's curious to think about powerful, big bore air rifles employed during the height of the muzzleloading, black powder era.
- There's also a shotgun slug model, six muzzleloading rifle models, and six bolt-action handgun models that have at least some 110 features.
- At the end of the percussion era, telescopic sights were not unknown on muzzleloading sporting rifles.
Pronunciation: /-ˌlōdiNG/(also muzzle-loading) adjective
Definition of muzzleloader in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.