Definition of mycoplasma in English:
noun (plural mycoplasmas or mycoplasmata-mətə)
Any of a group of small typically parasitic bacteria that lack cell walls and sometimes cause diseases.
- Class Mollicutes and order Mycoplasmatales
- All microbes, be it viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi or parasites interfere in research.
- The mycoplasmas are extra cellular parasites usually attached to the external surface of cells, but can also penetrate these.
- The antibiotics must be able to penetrate cell walls, as the mycoplasma are hidden inside cells.
Definition of mycoplasma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.