Definition of mycoplasma in English:
noun (plural mycoplasmas or mycoplasmata-mətə)
Any of a group of small typically parasitic bacteria that lack cell walls and sometimes cause diseases.
- Class Mollicutes and order Mycoplasmatales
- All microbes, be it viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi or parasites interfere in research.
- The mycoplasmas are extra cellular parasites usually attached to the external surface of cells, but can also penetrate these.
- The antibiotics must be able to penetrate cell walls, as the mycoplasma are hidden inside cells.
Definition of mycoplasma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan