- Dilation of the pupil of the eye.More example sentences
- Its strong alpha properties, especially at higher dosages, leads to mydriasis (ie, pupil dilation).
- Long-term therapy is required, and the drugs have numerous side effects, including dry mouth, dry eyes, constipation, blurry vision, mydriasis, and difficulty with urination.
- Often mydriasis occurs with the pupils poorly reactive or non-reactive to light.
early 19th century: via Latin from Greek mudriasis.
More definitions of mydriasisDefinition of mydriasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary