Definition of myeloid in English:
1Of or relating to bone marrow.
- As in our case, the severity of peripheral neutropenia did not correlate with the cellularity of the bone marrow myeloid compartment.
- A bone marrow biopsy can rule out other chronic myeloid disorders.
- The bone marrow was markedly hypocellular with leftshifted myeloid maturation.
1.1(Of leukemia) characterized by the proliferation of cells originating in the bone marrow.
- Missing are the chapters on non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute myeloid leukaemia.
- The disorders are characterised by overactive production of blood cells and can lead to thrombosis, haemorrhage or acute myeloid leukaemia.
- In clinical trials the white blood cell counts of 88% of patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia returned to normal.
Definition of myeloid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan