noun (plural myelomas or myelomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A malignant tumor of the bone marrow.More example sentences
- Multiple myeloma is a hematological malignant neoplasm of the bone marrow.
- Broadly speaking, cancer is classified into five major groups - carcinomas, sarcomas, leukaemias, lymphomas and myelomas.
- Osteoporosis, metastases, myeloma, and aggressive vertebral haemangioma can all cause vertebral body collapse and spinal pain.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek muelos 'marrow' + -oma.
More definitions of myelomaDefinition of myeloma in:
- The British & World English dictionary