Definition of mygalomorph in English:
A large spider of a group that includes the tarantulas and funnel-web spiders. Mygalomorphs have several primitive features, including fangs that stab downward rather than toward one another.
- Suborder Mygalomorphae, order Araneae
- Previously, the earliest known mygalomorphs, described in 1990, were about 100 million years old.
- To imitate a mygalomorph, put your index and middle fingers in front of your mouth and move them up and down.
- Female tarantulas like other mygalomorphs are able to moult after reaching maturity.
Definition of mygalomorph in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan