The muscular tissue of the heart.
More example sentences
- Moreover, the right ventricular free wall showed extensive replacement of the myocardium by adipose tissue.
- The journey from the bone marrow to vascular endothelium or myocardium is divided into stages.
- In addition, the right coronary artery occasionally supplies a sizeable portion of left ventricular myocardium.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from myo- 'muscle' + Greek kardia 'heart'.
- More example sentences
- Perhaps these patients are at low risk of myocardial infarction but not coronary artery disease.
- There were also reductions in myocardial infarction and renal failure.
- The relation between normal coronary artery blood flow and mortality after myocardial infarction is well documented.
Definition of myocardium in:
- The British & World English dictionary