Spasmodic jerky contraction of groups of muscles.
More example sentences
- The acute effects are coma, myoclonus and bradycardia, which generally resolve rapidly without complication.
- In particular, there is potential for a neurotoxic metabolite, normeperidine, to accumulate and cause seizures, myoclonus and tremors.
- Reported neurological manifestations have included tremor, myoclonus, hyperreflexia, ankle clonus, muscle rigidity, ataxia and incoordination.
- More example sentences
- When the myoclonic jerks are unilateral, a more serious condition is often suspected and the diagnosis of benign sleep myoclonus may not be considered.
- Seizures are present in up to 25 percent of patients and may be generalized, focal, myoclonic jerking, or movement induced.
- During a juvenile myoclonic epileptic seizure, the hands, arms or whole body will start jerking, but the person doesn't lose consciousness or awareness.
Definition of myoclonus in:
- The British & World English dictionary