- Any of the elongated contractile threads found in striated muscle cells.More example sentences
- In cross section, skeletal muscle fibers are seen to be composed of numerous small aggregates of contractile substance, the myofibrils.
- Briefly, the cardiac myofibrils are composed of the major contractile proteins, actin and myosin.
- Individual muscle cells are extremely elongated and enclose many-stranded cables woven from threads called myofibrils.
More definitions of myofibrilDefinition of myofibril in:
- The British & World English dictionary