Definition of myopia in English:
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
- The Romans considered myopia a permanent defect that reduced the market value of a slave.
1.1Lack of imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight: historians have been censured for their myopia in treating modern science as a western phenomenon
More example sentences
- The Register reports another example of corporate myopia.
- It reeks of the typical psychology and myopia of the supposed intellectually and militarily powerful.
- The result is a sort of national and cultural myopia.
Definition of myopia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia