- Inflammation and degeneration of muscle tissue.More example sentences
- Imagine if people taking the pill have higher rates of hepatitis, bleeding ulcers, myositis (muscle inflammation), bradycardia, and acute renal failure all at the same time.
- Progressive pulmonary fibrosis occurs in 10 percent of patients and, along with myositis of the respiratory muscles, may lead to hypoxemia.
- A possible related injury is a torn brachialis muscle with associated myositis.
early 19th century: formed irregularly from Greek mus, mu- 'muscle' + -itis.
More definitions of myositisDefinition of myositis in:
- The British & World English dictionary