- 1The representation of myths, especially in the plastic arts.More example sentences
- In terms of art production, the period of mythography is characterized by a return to romantic pictorialism and by monumental propaganda.
- 2The creation or collection of myths.More example sentences
- This author explains how Romantic mythography, nineteenthcentury linguistics, and racism ‘resurfaced’ in academic orientalism.
- Bresson reinforces the anachronism with some anomalous mythography.
- In Hesiod's poem, as understood in Renaissance mythography, the myth of the birth of Venus recapitulated in little how the universe sustains itself through a lucky harmony of opposed elements.
More definitions of mythographyDefinition of mythography in:
- The British & World English dictionary