- A small, conical, nail-shaped gall that forms on the leaves of lime trees in response to the presence of mites.
More example sentences
- The mite is Eriophyes tiliae, family Eriophyidae
- Some galls were noted, including nail gall on lime-tree leaves growing by Low Matlock Lane.
- In summer, greenfly on the leaves drop sticky honeydew and red nail galls can be seen on the upper leaf surface.
- A fairly common phenomenon associated with lime is that of nail galls, conspicuous protrusions on lime leaves produced by mites.