1The rounded head of a nail.
- This is a matter of personal preference, although adhesive has the advantage of eliminating visible nailheads and reducing nail pops.
- Slip the flange of the roof cap under the shingles above it, nail it to the roof, and seal the nailheads with roofing cement.
- Too often chips fly from steel chisels, or nailheads break off.
1.1An ornament like the head of a nail, used chiefly in architecture and on clothing.
- In the 17th century, nail heads were considered as decorative and were arranged in ornamental patterns.
- Press the nail heads, pearl studs and other embellishments of your choice into the uncured Gold and Copper clays surrounding the image transfers.
- The addition of bakeable embellishments such as pearls, charms and nail heads completes the effect.
Definition of nailhead in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.