noun(usually the naked eye)
- Unassisted vision, without a telescope, microscope, or other device: threadworm eggs are so small that they cannot be seen with the naked eyeMore example sentences
- Telescopes, binoculars, cameras and naked eyes all strained seawards to catch a glimpse of these huge creatures that had invaded the Cornish coast.
- We can only do sample testing, in most cases with the naked eyes only.
- There were seven major heavenly bodies visible to their naked eyes (Sun, Moon and five planets), so an astrological week grew up with each day guided by a planet.
More definitions of naked eyeDefinition of naked eye in:
- The British & World English dictionary