Definition of nameplate in English:
1A plate or sign, typically made of metal, displaying the name of someone, such as the person working in a building or the builder of a ship.
- There was a brass nameplate with the name Diane Brown on it and a black and white picture of a young woman and a rather handsome young man on what must have been their wedding day.
- York took a moment to note the name on his brass nameplate before standing up.
- She said orders have been issued for Urdu nameplates and route plates which will be seen very soon.
1.1US A brand of a product, especially a maker of automobiles: Honda is busiest among the import nameplates, with three new cars and a sport utility vehicle
More example sentences
- And what sense did it make to declare every nameplate was a brand of its own?
- Still, many observers say the nameplate branding experiment has failed and blame it for some of the company's image problems and declining market share.
- There is no doubt that the Austrian nameplate will give these products a guaranteed entry to the market.
Definition of nameplate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.