Entry from British & World English dictionary
off one's nana
- Australian /NZ informal Mad or crazy: he’s absolutely gone off his nanaMore example sentences
- I was off my nana on Class As.
- He'd be going off his 'nana. He wouldn't stand for it. He'd be like a raving lunatic.
- Punters were absolutely going off their nanas during his set.
1960s: perhaps a shortening of banana.
Words that rhyme with nanaAlana, Anna, bandanna, banner, Branagh, canna, canner, Diana, fanner, Fermanagh, Guyana, Hannah, Havana, hosanna, Indiana, Joanna, lanner, Louisiana, manna, manner, manor, Montana, planner, Pollyanna, Rosanna, savannah, scanner, spanner, Susanna, tanner
Definition of nana in:
- Spanish dictionary
- ‘I'd like to dedicate this to my nanna,’ he said after extending his career record to 21 wins.
- My nanna and granddad are in their early 50s, and they don't wear old peoples' clothes.
- My nanna brought me and my sister up and she always taught us that what you achieve in life comes through hard work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.