- The fossil of a minute planktonic organism, especially a calcareous unicellular alga.More example sentences
- This paper presents high-resolution data from calcareous nannofossils, planktic Foraminifera, palynomorphs and stable isotopes for the Late Albian OAE Id.
- In the seas, the calcareous nannofossils were still in evidence but in shallow waters the benthonic nummulite and other larger foraminifera became very abundant.
- The same samples as used for geochemistry were investigated for their content of calcareous nannofossils.
More definitions of nannofossilDefinition of nannofossil in:
- The British & World English dictionary