Definition of nanocomposite in English:
Denoting a composite material that has a grain size measured in nanometers.
- GM estimates use of over 500,000 lb. of nanocomposite material a year.
- To date, much commercial interest in nanocomposites barriers has come from packaging companies.
- The nanocomposite films are made by layering molecules on top of each other.
nounBack to top
A nanocomposite material.
- There are some big benefits to the use of the nanocomposites.
- However, in the matter of nanocomposites, less allows for more.
- The platelet structure of the reinforcing fillers in nanocomposites may offer improvement in barrier properties of the polymer compound.
Definition of nanocomposite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan