, abbreviation: nm)
- One billionth of a meter.More example sentences
- These things are measured in nanometres, with a nanometre being a millionth of a millimetre, or about as far as a fingernail grows in a second.
- The grids comprise carbon nanotubes - long, hollow cylinders of pure carbon a few millionths of a millimetre across and several thousand nanometres long.
- Nanotechnology is used to study the fabrication and manipulation of structures that range in size from one hundred nanometres to a single nanometre (or a billionth of a metre).
More definitions of nanometerDefinition of nanometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary