- A nanoscale rod made of semiconducting material, used in miniature transistors and some laser applications.More example sentences
- In a relatively simple procedure, the researchers made Silicon nanowires by sealing silicon monoxide in an evacuated quartz tube.
- One approach to building such devices is using nanowires as building blocks to construct two- and three-dimensional nanoscale devices.
- The team is also trying to build LEDs and field-effect transistors out of its nanowires to see how well they work.
More definitions of nanowireDefinition of nanowire in:
- The British & World English dictionary