noun(also nape of the neck)
- The back of a person’s neck.More example sentences
- He had blue eyes, quite a rounded chin bone and a strawberry-type birthmark on the nape of his neck.
- I turn my head slightly and ruffle the hair at the nape of my neck where my eight inch pony tail has been shaved to half an inch.
- I wrapped my arms around him and cried into the hollow of his collar bone, putting my fingers through his hair at the nape of his neck.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
More definitions of napeDefinition of nape in:
- The British & World English dictionary