Definition of narcoterrorism in English:
Terrorism associated with trade in illicit drugs.
- ‘What we do - as far as the global war on terrorism - is counter narcoterrorism,’ he said.
- If the country is concerned about the stability of a government struggling with narcoterrorism, it should refrain from insisting on crop eradication until belligerents are defeated.
- These countries need help in addressing endemic problems such as economic instability, low per-capita income, illiberal democratic practices, and narcoterrorism.
- Example sentences
- ‘There are a lot of narcoterrorists using the narcotics trade to supply money to terrorist groups,’ said the squadron commander.
- It's much akin to what we were trying to do against the narcoterrorists in the drug fight.
- I believe the term narcoterrorists is more appropriate, given the fact that the center of gravity for these groups is the incredible financial support they get from illicit drug trafficking.
Definition of narcoterrorism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan