- A railroad gauge that is narrower than the standard gauge of 56.5 inches (143.5 cm).More example sentences
- Their subject is the narrow gauge railway that for 70 years connected the coal mines at Cliff Top with the coke ovens at Sewell.
- The equipment of the narrow gauge railway once thought to be quite adequate for the traffic to be handled soon proved to be very inadequate.
- These narrow gauge steam railways have the charm of old-time steam engines, some dating back over 100 years!
More definitions of narrow gaugeDefinition of narrow gauge in:
- The British & World English dictionary