- A canal boat less than 7 feet (2.1 m) wide with a maximum length of 70 feet (21.3 m) and steered with a tiller rather than a wheel.More example sentences
- The basin fills up with colourful narrowboats from far and wide, and the banks are packed out with the folk who congregate at events such as this.
- But how back-breaking it must also have been in the past for the two men propelling the narrowboat along its entire length, by pushing at its sides with their legs.
- In fact, perhaps the only way to make it more terrifying is to walk over it rather than have the comforting bulk of a narrowboat around you.
More definitions of narrowboatDefinition of narrowboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary