Definition of nasturtium in English:
A South American trailing plant with round leaves and bright orange, yellow, or red edible flowers that is widely grown as an ornamental.
- Tropaeolum majus, family Tropaeolaceae
- Examples of these are ivy (the variegated types look very pretty), trailing lobelia, nasturtiums and ivy leaf geraniums.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- For great foliage and color contrast, plant yellow nasturtiums around the outer rim of the planter.
Old English, from Latin, apparently from naris 'nose' + torquere 'to twist'.
Words that rhyme with nasturtiumpetersham
Definition of nasturtium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan