Definition of nasturtium in English:
A South American trailing plant with round leaves and bright orange, yellow, or red edible flowers that is widely grown as an ornamental.
- Tropaeolum majus, family Tropaeolaceae
- Examples of these are ivy (the variegated types look very pretty), trailing lobelia, nasturtiums and ivy leaf geraniums.
- These could be interspersed with edible flowers, trailing nasturtiums and orange Calendula would be musts.
- For great foliage and color contrast, plant yellow nasturtiums around the outer rim of the planter.
Old English, from Latin, apparently from naris 'nose' + torquere 'to twist'.
Definition of nasturtium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.