- The total amount of money that a country’s government has borrowed, by various means.More example sentences
- Where else can you spend money, boost your savings, and help fund the national debt all at the same time?
- Governments have saved billions by refinancing the national debt at lower interest rates.
- By the end of the decade, then, the deficit and the national debt may warrant genuine anxiety.
More definitions of national debtDefinition of national debt in:
- The British & World English dictionary