- An artifact, institution, or public figure regarded as being emblematic of a nation’s cultural heritage or identity: illegal alien smugglers and drug traffickers are on the verge of ruining some of our national treasuresMore example sentences
- Either way, she is swiftly becoming a grandee of the art establishment, not to say a national treasure.
- Trevor, the stainless guy, is a national treasure.
- Decades of foreign holidays have left Britons increasingly shaky about details of their own national treasures, according to a survey released today.
More definitions of national treasureDefinition of national treasure in:
- The British & World English dictionary