Definition of nationalistic in English:
Having strong patriotic feelings, especially a belief in the superiority of one’s own country over others: a nationalistic awareness in politics and literature nationalistic pride
More example sentences
- The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.
- They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.
- His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.
- Example sentences
- Meanwhile, groups that behave nationalistically reap the group-specific benefits of behaving in the insular way that nationalism encourages.
- Not much moral sensitivity is needed to appreciate that, and poetry is seldom improved by stating the obvious, especially when it is nationalistically self-serving.
- I get almost nationalistically proud when I say that any other country with similar economic and social circumstances would not have done better.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India