(also natterjack toad)
Definition of natterjack in English:
A small European toad that has a bright yellow stripe down its back and runs in short bursts.
- Bufo calamita, family Bufonidae
- The only endangered species of amphibian is the natterjack toad.
- Despite Cumbria Wildlife Trust creating just the right conditions for natterjacks at Eskmeals, there are many animals happy to take the bite-sized toad for their dinner.
- There are three native species of frogs and toads in the UK the common toad, common frog and natterjack toad.
Definition of natterjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan