(also natterjack toad)
Definition of natterjack in English:
A small European toad that has a bright yellow stripe down its back and runs in short bursts.
- Bufo calamita, family Bufonidae
- The only endangered species of amphibian is the natterjack toad.
- Despite Cumbria Wildlife Trust creating just the right conditions for natterjacks at Eskmeals, there are many animals happy to take the bite-sized toad for their dinner.
- There are three native species of frogs and toads in the UK the common toad, common frog and natterjack toad.
Definition of natterjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.