Definition of natural-born in English:
1Having a specified innate characteristic or ability: Glen was a natural-born sailor
More example sentences
- A natural-born performer, Brown began writing her own music when she was 12 years old.
- For example, I'm something of a natural-born show-off (hadn't you guessed?)
- ‘My running mate is a natural-born leader,’ Kerry said.
1.1 archaic Having a position by birth.
- Also, the Constitution requires that the president be a natural-born citizen, so Chao, born in Taiwan, and Martinez, who came to the United States from Cuba, would not be eligible.
- Documents taken from the National Archive microfilm point to FPJ not being a natural-born citizen of the Philippines and therefore ineligible to run for president.
- The US president and vice-president must be natural-born citizens, at least 35 years of age and residents of the country for 14 years.
Definition of natural-born in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia