- A natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life: the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty yearsMore example sentences
- Electric crews face many hazards after natural disasters.
- With property damage expected to exceed $100 billion, this will easily go down as the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.
- When a natural disaster occurs somewhere in the world and people want to help, we'll provide information and an immediate way to contribute.
More definitions of natural disasterDefinition of natural disaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary